Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas Lantern

Every year I like to make something to decorate the table.  It may be small gifts for everyone or a centre piece.  This year I made either a centre piece for the table or just a decoration.  It was rather fiddly as many found out.

Here are a few pictures so you can see it from many different angles.




The lantern was made first, the roof and then the base, with a door opening to be able to tuen a candle on and off.  The stand was not too fiddly.  The top and bottom were done as two platforms.  The legs were done and were like triangle pilars.

The lantern hung from the top of the stand and was decorated with tinsel, a poinsettia clip, and paper poinsettias.

I have to say very time consuming, but the finished article was well worth the effort.

I then made a second lattern, this time a stand alone lantern.  I made the lantern hinge in the middle so that I could use it as a chocolate box.



Again I decorated it with tinsel and poinsettia's.

I hope you all have a lovely christmas, as with only 1 week to go, I am sure you are all going crazy getting eveything ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment