Monday 17 December 2012

Christmas Book

Every year I try to do something extra special for my mum and dad.  My mum always displays the cards for weeks after christmas.  She took her birthday card down, to put her christmas card up.

This time I thought I would do a book card.  It took me a little working out, but with the help of a magazine, I got there.



This is the front page.  It is not quite an 8" square.  The red piece is 7 1/4".  The stamped background is 7" square. It was stamped with a christmas branch stamp by Chloe. The middle was cut out of gold mirri card using a spell bimder.  The poinsettia's were cut out of green and red card using the marianne cutting die.



This is the middle. The red card was cut to 7 1/4".  The shape in the middle was an xcut die, layered and a ribbon at the top to make it look like a bauble.  A deer to decorate, another marianne die.  More poinsettias in the corners.

To make the book, I took a piece of A3 card and kept the length, but cut the width to 7 1/2", then scored from each end 19cm, to create a spine.

The surround was made very simply.  You cut 4 pieces of card the same size, 7" square.  Then using the hougie board, you score at every half inch.  Concertina fold them, interlock the corners, glueing the front and back, then stick into place on the inside of the main card.

My mum loved it.  Hope you enjoyed making it too.

Only 2 weeks until christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment