Tuesday 18 September 2012

Christmas Parchment

Parchment has such a lovely effect, but it does take a little time to do.  I have fallen in love with the grids that are now out there.  They really do make all the hard work so much easier.  I feel they also give a more even effect.  The first card that I did, I took the time to use grid 25 and do a really nice border, I then took a pattern of a snowman and traced it using coloured pens (the lazy method).  I then coloured it in, I coloured in from the front using the pergamano pens.  To me it was to heavy, I should have coloured from the back or used pencils.  However I was not prepared to start all over from the beginning.  So my card will remain like this.



My second card was done using all grid work.  I used grid 9.  I traced the pattern, then turned the grid over to mirror the image on the other side of the parchment.  I then used grid 23 to trace Merry Christmas.  I also added a little ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment