Friday 28 September 2012

Belsey Bridge Craft Retreat Saturday 8th September

What a good start to the day, my breakfast being cooked for me.  I do like being spoilt, but that only happens when I am on holiday.  Graham would make me breakfast, but I am always up first and I couldn't wait that long. 

We started the day off in two groups, Jeanette taught one group with the theme of christmas and I taught the other group with the theme of females.

We wanted to try and cover a variety of themes as well as crafts.  The unfortunate thing about doing shaped cards, you always need to add something, and it usually ends up with decoupage.  However on all projects over the weekend you could put as little or as much decoupage on as you wanted.

Jeanette did a lovely fireplace card, and a box to give it in.   She showed how to make and attach a shelf, how to emboss on the cuttlebug, how to stamp and colour with pro-markers.  Here are some sample cards:-





The other card was created using a template, there were three sizes of the template and you had a choice of what you did with it.  A couple of samples are as follows:-






The card that I made was an idea given to me by Mary, I was 40 last year and she had made me a card using a The Debbie Moore Cd.  It was beautiful as was so many of my other cards.  I looked at the card and worked out how I could do a small easier version.  This is what I came up with.


I really did enjoy making this, I then asked Doreen to make one up in another colour for me, I needed to make sure we could get it done in the time available.  Here it is made up in two other colours.



Doreen made the card and said she thought there would be time left over, so with her help we made another card, using the same cd.  Here is the sample.



At lunch time we changed over and taught the other group, I think this made it easier, as everybody did not have to pack everything away at every break.  The food throughout the day was really nice.  The problem with eating so much it makes you sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment