Saturday 29 September 2012

Belsey Bridge Craft Retreat Sunday

The weekend seemed to go by so fast, we had to pack our bags and be out the rooms by 10am.  But there was still more crafting to be done.  This morning Jeanette tackled a craft that had been requested so many times by you crafters.  It was something that many of you including me had not done before.  Quilling - well I can say that I was one that wouldn't do it again, but many of you liked it and have been doing some since you got home.  Some tell me its very relaxing sitting in front of the telly quilling but I have to say its not for me. 

The card that Jeanette designed was really beautiful and I was looking forward to having ago, but the truth is I made a complete mess up and it looked nothing like Jeanette's creation, so there was only on place for it - the bin!

Here is the good one made by Jeanette


Jeanette made made another nice sample using different colours and here it is for you to see


Well then theres my session, I did the theme of men, what can I say, they are so difficult to do cards for most of the time.  Its usually the same themes over and over again.

The first card, I used a base card and showed how to layer using fancy edges and just adding a picture to the middle, very simple but an effect I liked.


Here are a few other cards, using different colours and pictures.






I decided to also do a shaped card, with die cut borders and decoupage to decorate, yes we were back to the decoupage again, but if you only wanted to put the base layer on you could.  These borders were using our creative border dies, that you use through the cuttlebug or any other die cutting machine.






This all happened in the morning, after lunch we had the raffle - where we raised between us £83 for First Steps.  The competition, where there were three winners. 

We then did a simple gift idea, using a tea bag and a kit kat, here are a few pictures of this project.









Jeanette and I hope you all enjoyed the weekend as much as we did, it was great to meet you all again, and hopefully we will see you all again, keep well

No comments:

Post a Comment