Wednesday 30 May 2012

More Embellishments

It's hard enough to design a card, but then to add extra bits on, takes a lot of thinking for me. It takes me out of that comfort zone. Feathers, well I never really liked them, and putting them on to a card, always looked wrong when i did it. Then I see other peoples cards and I think wow. So these cards have feathers, hat pins, card candi, ribbon, jewels and more.
With this one we even used martha stewart punch around the page - cherish. We used the card candi, a feather and made some black flowers. The images are from a cd - My Craft Studio - Fab Glam Fifties - and it was an element sheet.
Pretty in pink, I have started using more ribbon on my cards, and using the bow maker, I have had it for a few years, but never really used it until recently, now I need another one for wider ribbon. Hopefully Graham will make me one. We also used hat pins, I pushed them through the knot of the bow and placed the flowers over the ends, so the sharp points don't hurt anyone. This was also taken from a My Craft Studio Cd, this one was Simply Silouettes, and again an element sheet.
Here is just a small card using up the pieces that were left on the element sheet. As I usually keep everything and my box gets bigger and bigger, well by making a small card, you could use it as a notelet, a gift card, etc.
I really like the shape of these cards, they are different from the normal 6 x 6 we have been using. I have added small gems randomly and it also seems to lift the image. This card was make again from Simply Silouettes, I find the element sheets so handy.
Here is another card using up your left over bits and adding a few peel offs, so don't throw them away, see what you can do with the bits you have left.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fairy card!
    Still got feathery bits floating about though :)

    ReplyDelete