Friday 23 November 2012

My Holiday in Turkey

Well what can I say,  my holiday was great.  The first week there was five of us, Jeanette and Peter and their son Andrew, Graham and I.  The flight was ok as flights go, but no film, so I sat there on the plane beading.  The weather was fantastic the first week.  We sunbathed, went to the market, swam, ate and basically we were lazy.  Well Graham and I was.  Jeanette, Peter and Andrew went on several trip, visiting towns and markets, laying round the pool is not their sort of thing.

On the Thursday my step-sons Scott and Jack, and Jacks girlfriend Emily came out to join us.  We waited up for them, but their flight was delayed until 3.30am.  The funny thing was I went back to the room about 1am and changed into my pj's and sat in reception in them waiting for them to arrive.

On the Friday the rest of the crew arrived, My Mum & Dad, My Brother, his wife and two children, my girls Kayliegh and Samantha and her boyfriend Ryan.  Well there was now 17 of it was a big group.



This is our family having a great time.

Whilst we were there it was a big birthday for Jeanette and she took us all out to the local village for a gorgeuos meal, it was such a great evening, the five of us had been the week before and had a good time, so we new it would be good.  The owners really made a good effort, with cake for Jeanette, and sparklers and fireworks. 



The second week we had a lot of rain, thunder and lightning, but we all still had a good time, when it rains out there it really rains.  So we sat around playing cards, Jeanette and I were beading, so everyone happy.  To get from one place to another we were using our towels and black sacks to cover up, to try and not get too wet.




 
 
 
We also went on a boat trip, it was all planned for 15 of us, Emily hates boats, so she wasn't coming and Jack was staying back to be with her.  But on the day Jeanette was poorly, so Jack took her place and the girls stayed behind.  It rained and was dull, the sun came out occassionally, but we still had a good day, jumping in the sea and having fun.



 
 

When we were out there, a lady walked passed and I really admired her haircut, so much so that I walked up to her and asked if I could take a photo of her hair.  Due to the weather I considered having it cut out there, Jeanette had been to the hairdresser in the first week and he had done a really good job.  Jeanette offered to treat me, and I am so thankful she did, as once I had had it chopped and seen how nice it was I was really greatful.  It was the night we were going out for the meal.  So I felt great.

The ladies hair


My hair




Well that was soon over and we are back home, and now I have to get my christmas head on as there is only 8 weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment