Monday 1 October 2012

Crafting with Lynne Gilbert October 2012

We were all set to be making a desk calender, we had saved our cereal boxes, well I just took the cereal out of a couple.  But when we arrived plans had been changed.  I was a little disappointed as I had taken Kayleigh with me, so she could make this for herself.

But Lynne had been busy and unable to sort it out, I know how that feels.

Instead we mad a steampunk tag picture.  The effect was great, we were given the basic instructions and off we went, at first it seems so confusing.  But once you had started it all seemed to be working out.

We cut up little pieces of white paper, embossed some and stuck them all over the tag, added embellishments.  You kept thinking is this right, but as soon as you added the black paint everything changed.  The effect was really amazing, you then added burnt umber or gold to give it that rusty or antique effect.

I was really pleased with mine.  Kayleigh was a bit unsure she felt a bit unwelcome from some of the ladies there and it didn't go quite how she had planned.  But I think it was really good.

Here are our creations



No comments:

Post a Comment