Tuesday 7 August 2012

Catch up Time


Well it's been over a month since I wrote anything on here and what a busy month I have had.
The first week went by really quickly as I had no classes due to me being away in Lowerstoft at Potters Leisure Resort.  There was about 22 of us there for a beading week.

It had all been arranged by Ann the lady that runs a beading club I go to in Romford.  She arranged and prepared lots of kits we could do, we all had to choose the projects and colours we wanted to do before we went.  I was very ambitious and chose 4 kits.  I did the same last year but never finished any.

It started on the Monday morning, Jeanette and I set off with all good intentions of stopping at a couple of places on the way.  First we stopped at the Range, as I needed some tissue paper for a project we are working on.  We then stopped at a craft shop on the A12, but was really good and did not spend much.  We then set off properly and I knew the journey well as I had had a caravan that was about 15 miles from where we were going.  I had the tom tom on so that we could keep an eye on the traffic control and speed cameras.  But half way there it told us we were in a field and we didn't come out of it.  However we were driving down a nice road.

A phone call was made to my good old dad, who gave me directions, I love the way he's not with you but can say go down that road, turn right and know exactly where you are.  Such a good memory.

We arrived 10 minutes before lunch and that's what I call good timing.  The diet then went straight out the window.  I love crumbles and nice hot desserts.  The only good thing was I only put on 4lbs.

After lunch we took all our beading stuff to the room we were using throughout the week, the projects were given out and the beading commenced.  The week went by so fast but I managed to complete 3 projects and start the fourth.


It was big band week and so there was lots of music and dancing, I wish I new how to do all those dances though.  They all look so good out there on the dance floor.

We even took a walk down to the beach.


When we got home Jeanette was able to stay for a further few days, so the preparation for a craft weekend got further underway, I can not tell you too much about those projects as it would spoil that for anyone who is coming away with us in September.

The few days away done me the world of good, whilst we were there I meet up with some of the ladies and we went swimming early each morning, (about 7am) this got me thinking as I have been trying to loose weight.  So once back I went along to our local gym Atlantis and joined.  Its great because it opens at 6.30 in the morning, so I can go in the gym and swim before the rest of the family are up and about.

I was only about for a week and then off I went again, this time to Derbyshire to help Stephanie Weightman.  Arrived on Monday and the work was soon underway, preparing for the craft show on QVC, it was great I got to play and try out some projects I had not seen before.

On the Tuesday we prepared for the Cake show, it was great fun, me and Sunny decorated some little cupcakes, then had to take icing and colour it, to show how the colours worked.  It was really interesting.

On Wednesday we got on to doing the prep for Doncaster, we had 8 projects to get sorted by Friday, some were all ready done.  But we still had to make each project 24 more times, so that each table had a finished sample.  And boy did Friday come round quickly.  The goodie bags they recieved were amazing, they got a glass cutting mat, a tsv (the paperpack was gorgeous), ruler, scissors, knife, double sided tape, ribbon, pen, glitter, paint, magazines, printed glittered accetate, picks, flowers, gold metallic pro-marker, soap, etc and a nice printed bag to take it all home in.

When eveyone arrived they were all so happy and excited to be there crafting with Stephanie and Nancy.  Everyone was seated at round tables with 10 on each table, then me and lots of other ladies were there to help.  Stephanie and Nancy explained what to do and the crafting was underway.  Whilst everyone was crafting they walked round talking to everybody.

QVC was also there filming, and anyone could go and tell them how much they liked the shows and Stephanie.

The craft show was great all weekend and seeing so many crafters was superb, some crafters I haven't seen since Jeanette and I were doing the shows.

Once home I was shattered so I had a week off, I also looked after my mum as she was poorly with her back.    I took the opportunity to do a little beading though.  Here is what I achieved.


1 comment:

  1. I feel exhausted just reading about your month!!
    Lovely beading!!

    ReplyDelete